Technical and Cyber Information Assurance Analyst
BAE Systems is seeking qualified candidates to fill a Technical and Cyber Information Assurance Analyst position at the National Counterintelligence and Security Center (NCSC), the primary duty of which within the CI and information assurance mission is to assess computer and network protocols, information communications technologies, and critical infrastructure for potential vulnerabilities and threats.
- Serve as subject matter expert and advise NCSC on information assurance issues.
- Review the application of information assurance policies, principles, and processes involving information assurance from a counterintelligence perspective.
- Identify improvements to existing programs, processes and procedures to enhance the overall security and counterintelligence posture of communication/computer networks, systems, and data.
- Prepare, document, and present positions, analyses, risk assessments, process improvement opportunities, and studies in oral and written form.
- Conduct and develop counterintelligence vulnerability and threat assessments of technical projects and computer network defense issues.
- Develop counterintelligence analysis and assessments of foreign threats to USG and IC computers, networks, and information.
- Support development, coordination and review of information assurance policies, strategic plans, standards, implementation plans and/or methodologies for technical or cyber counterintelligence concerns.
- Identify, document and recommend mitigations to security events of technical and cyber CI significance.
- Document requirements and mitigations and drive application of technical CI practices.
- Develop reports on changes, trends and implications of evolving cyber counterintelligence issues.
- Support integration of research results and analysis into processes, standards and policies.
- Coordinate with multiple agencies on technical counterintelligence issues involving the protection of information.
- Support integration of CI processes, analyses and mitigations into the protection of IC and USG data and information technology enterprises.
- Support outreach to the IC, Federal Partners, and to non-government and commercial entities involved in the protection of critical infrastructures.
- Support IC-wide working groups and conferences. Develop meeting agenda, minutes with action items, issue papers, briefings, and propose working group activities.
- Develop analytical reports and publications, create graphics, and provide client ready material.
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline; and a minimum of 10 years of experience applying information assurance policies, principles, and processes from a counterintelligence perspective, along with:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience performing information assurance reviews or assessments, generating security documentation, and/or developing IA standards or policies.
- Minimum of 5 years technical writing experience geared toward a senior technical and executive audience.
- Minimum of 5 years of IC experience including one year of experience providing cross community coordination of technical or analytical products.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience supporting of IC networks, systems or processes, including IC Information Technology Enterprise (IC ITE).
- Experience in using US Government, Intelligence Community, and commercial data sources for technical threat assessment development.
- Strong knowledge of NIST 800-53 Rev 3 & 4 and CNSSI 1253 security controls and implementation. – Active Clearance with Poly required.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Knowledge of one or more of the following areas: Cross Domain Technologies, Information Technology Virtualization, Cloud Technologies, Cryptography, Public Key Infrastructure, Network and Host-Based Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems, Computer Network Defense techniques, Computer Cyber Defense Techniques.
- Knowledge of Computer Operational Readiness, Verification, and Validation Reviews
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and potentially changing priorities, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
We provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and
employ a skilled workforce of…