Sr Benefits Analyst
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
Stability meets Agility.
With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global (NASDAQ: CDK) is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail industry. CDK Global provides solutions in more than 100 countries, serving more than 27,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers.
CDK Global’s solutions automate and integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
From data scientists to sales and operations experts, we’re hiring to support your growth and ours – Green light your career .
The Benefits Analyst position is responsible for ensuring proper administration of H&W and 401(k) plans, conducts analyses and interprets program rules and policies so that benefit programs are administered effectively and in accordance with CDK’s benefits strategy. The role supports the study, design, and implementation of CDK’s Health & Welfare and Retirement programs, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, Life, LTD, AD&D, and 401(k) to ensure that CDK’s benefits are competitive. Applies knowledge of employee benefits policy and related knowledge and skill to determine current benefit trends in addition to legislative requirements.
Position Responsibilities & Essential functions
- Assists in determining employee benefit practices by benchmarking best practices; researching industry trends and in tracking legislation and assessing impact to the organization
- Recommends employee benefit programs by examining, evaluating, and optimizing employee understanding, regulatory requirements, and competitive advantage
- Health & welfare plan administration – assist in the management of 3rd party vendors, including system and call center compliance with benefit plan eligibility rules, monitoring of service, and identifying opportunities for improved use of self-service functionality
- Benefit plan compliance – keep current on regulations and ensure compliance with federal and state laws for all retirement and health and welfare plans. Assist in maintenance, updating and distribution of Summary Plan Descriptions and other plan documents and notices as required due to plan design or regulation changes
- Explains employee benefits by conducting meetings; preparing written and graphic announcements and explanations; responding to requests
- Assist in review, preparation, and distribution of benefits communications (printed and web) for Annual Enrollment, New Hire Enrollment, and Ongoing Enrollment
- Prepare monthly claims analysis/cost projection for self-insured plans to serve as source for Finance to update FY projections
- Partners with insurance brokers as needed and liaise with HR Business Partners, vendors and employees to resolve benefit issues concerning eligibility, enrollment and termination of benefits
- Takes ownership of professional development by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Supports the CDK HR strategy by completing related requests as needed
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of benefit administration/consulting experience
- In-depth knowledge of Benefit Plans, ACA, HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, ERISA, 401(k) and applicable regulations
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel
- Experience with HRIS Systems (e.g. PeopleSoft, Successfactors, Workday, etc.)
- Strong analytical and project management skills with attention to detail and a strong process orientation
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload, take initiative, and manage multiple tasks without close supervision
- Ability to adapt to change while consistently meeting deadlines
- Effective interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion with highly confidential and sensitive personnel information
PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES & Qualifications
- CEBS certification
- Experience managing 3rd party vendors
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
CDK Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We believe that diversity in all aspects of business leads to strength.
The new identity for CDK Global incorporates the universally recognized traffic light with the green light illuminated. This simple, smart…