Our Cyber professionals
- Gain access and exposure to enterprise-level software implementations and unique information security challenges which you would otherwise not see at a smaller consultancy
- Work at an operational tempo at an unparalleled pace expected of high-caliber Deloitte professionals who have industry experience, confidence, and technical expertise
- Have a Variety of day-to-day routines, not the same old repeating tasks, travel to client locations
- Strong potential for growth and acceptance of additional responsibilities
Work you’ll do
The following job duties are necessary to be successful in your role and part of the Vigilant team.
Analyst Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collect, process, catalog, and document information using an ALL-SOURCE approach and various technical and human means on cyber-security topics as required
- Respond to requests for ad-hoc reporting and research topics from management as required
- Aid in and participate in daily, weekly, quarterly, and yearly production reporting for clients, partners, and internal teams
- Work with various intelligence collection and reporting tools and frameworks to produce reports
- Research and analyze content from unindexed areas of the internet
- Produce concise, written analysis and visual presentation of findings
- Quickly understand and deliver on company and customer requirements
- Write tactical and strategic assessments under deadlines
- Deal professionally with offensive, profane, and obscene materials encountered during the course of investigations and research
The Deloitte Vigilant Threat Intelligence & Analysis (TIA) team consists of engineers and analysts who specialize in the tactics, tools and procedures used by cyber criminals. The Analyst will work within an interdisciplinary team that develops advanced analytical frameworks, tools and research methodologies in order to identify emerging cyber threats. The Analyst will be responsible for analyzing the political, economic, social, and behavioral aspects of malicious cyber activity. Research will include monitoring of underground forums, chat channels, and, social media, the identification and analysis of security incidents using open source and internal sources to assess severity and identify responsible parties, including hacktivist groups and actors. Additionally, the analyst will respond to client-directed research requests and contribute to internal intelligence products. This position will also aid in producing a comprehensive operating picture and cyber security situational awareness.
. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory’s Cyber Risk Services practice.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Good understanding of global geopolitical dynamics and the ability to apply that knowledge to an information security context
- Proven ability to understand and explain the behaviors of different types of complex organizations, from criminal groups to financial enterprises
- Proven ability to translate complex information sets into specific recommendations that can be actioned by customers to enhance their security posture
- Familiarity with cyber threats, defenses, motivations and techniques
- Experience with intelligence analysis tools, methods and the intelligence lifecycle
- Experience distilling raw information into actionable intelligence
- Ability to write analytical information products
- Ability to construct and analyze social network graphs
- Ability to prepare and present research findings in both client and public settings
- Ability to maintain or develop professional contacts in the cyber security community and in client industries including finance and government
- Experience with conducting operations in closed/vetted online forums and marketplaces in both the surface and dark web spaces
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Knowledge of foreign languages is a plus
- Strong understanding of threat analysis and enterprise level, mitigation strategies
- Working knowledge of how malicious code operates and how technical vulnerabilities are exploited
- Knowledge of operating systems, VPN technologies, Internet issues, and networking technologies in general
- Knowledge of databases, query design, and how to analyze data thus obtained
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.