Intelligence Analyst Jobs
ABB is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for the U.S. Industrial Automation Division of the Control Technologies Business Unit. The Senior Financial Analyst will report directly to the IACT NAM Controller supporting the Lifecycle Parts & Repair group and will be a business partner to the relevant business leaders to help ensure financial objectives are met.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for investigation, analysis, preparation of complex financial business information and prepares related reports, graphs and charts depicting a variety of data such as financial results and budgets in support of the local business unit and various functional groups.
Ensures that the practices of the business segment comply with group/company policies, external rules and regulations and generally accepted accounting principles. Potential candidates should possess strong financial and cost accounting skills, as well as people and organizational skills which will enable them to act as a business partner.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for maintaining complete accounts (P&L, Balance Sheet and cash flow) as well as sharing ownership of the segment performance in line with strategies and targets agreed with the respective senior management.
- Ensure continuous improvement in the financial control and process in the group and establish review and financial management standards in accordance with global standards and local policies.
- Perform month-end journal entries, monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts, oversee fixed asset acquisition and capitalization and maintain and execute pertinent Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls. Continuously identify areas to increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Manage and closely monitor cash flow and continuously improve working capital management. Work with various stakeholders including operations, Supply Chain Management (SCM), customer service and sales to manage collection of receivables, bad debt, inventory utilization and GR/IR aging in order to bring visibility to and lower NWC.
- Prepare cost center budgets and calculate labor and overhead rates per ABB internal guidelines. Support LBU Controller in preparation of overall budget.
- Review, analyze and identify root causes of over/under absorption and work with operations managers to forecast results and create strategy to control expenses and achieve planned labor efficiency.
- Perform material standard cost, purchase price variance, order margin analysis and take corrective action to resolve issues impacting gross margin. Drive quarterly E&O inventory calculation with sales and operations to determine proper reserve level.
- Review and analyze financial and operational performance and provide guidance and initiate preventative and corrective actions when needed to drive for improvement of profitability.
- Provide support as needed for internal and external audits.
- Initiate/coordinate special studies and investigations and recommend measures to achieve resolution of complex financial issues.
- Contribute to the business strategy setting of the local business unit by identifying areas of improvement. Responsible for ensuring financial objectives are met through monitoring performance against business targets, decision making and making recommendations for actions to be taken. Ensure compliance with corporate and country standards and guidelines.
- Cross train with Senior Financial Analyst of Lifecycle services group and the Upgrades Business Analyst of the U.S. Industrial Automation division to best support the business requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or business related field with minimum 5 years of experience
- Master’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience
- Experience working within a multinational company
- Knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- SAP (FI, CO, MM and SD) proficiency and SAP Business Objects / Business Intelligence experience.
- Previous experience with cost accounting related tasks
- Advance/expert proficiency with MS Office including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Able to work in a matrix organization with a diverse team.
- Demonstrated history of professional and ethical standards.
- High-energy, proactive entrepreneurial leader.
- SharePoint experience is desirable.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB’s career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Contract type: Regular/Permanent
Business Unit: Control Technologies
Date posted: 2017-03-15
Job function: Finance
Publication ID: US60232861_E15
ABB ( www.abb.com ) is a leading global technology company in power and automation that enables utility, industry, and transport & infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 135,000 people.
= Intelligence Analyst Jobs
CLICK HERE TO APPLY TO THIS JOB