Senior Agile Software Test Engineer
Reston, VA 20191
The ideal candidate is an experienced Software Tester, familiar with Agile Scrum and software quality assurance/test experience. The candidate will have an understanding of Agile software development practices, delivering deployable software in short sprints. They will have the opportunity to work as an integral part of an Agile Scrum team–a highly productive team of seasoned technical professionals who thrive on supporting our customer’s mission and growth objectives– responsible for assuring the quality of the application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems and applications. They will work in close collaboration with software developers/engineers, stakeholders, and end users within Agile processes. They must have a working knowledge of test automation, Oracle solutions, including Oracle 11g/12c, and/or data on IBM mainframes, PL/SQL, test data creation and usage. They will also be responsible for support and development of a spectrum of engineering artifacts that adequately, but succinctly capture solution testing and results. This position is responsible for ensuring that all assigned work activities are performed in a timely and cost effective manner while maintaining the highest quality of performance.
- Functional Responsibility: Serves as an Agile Scrum Team member providing testing services for the delivery of releasable software. Responsible for activities associated with delivery of a variety of solutions associated with customer-defined systems and software projects; basic RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Developing Test procedures – Creating test procedures for current set of backlog items: system, functional, regression, performance, load, installation, security, interoperability, stress, boundary; defining tests for backlog items; estimating tasks needed for creating manual tests; and assessing candidates to automate for regression tests
- Developing and implementing quality assurance methodologies to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards, guidelines, and procedures in a large computer-based organization.
- Developing and executing software test plans, test cases, and test scripts for Integration, Migration, Regression, and/or Performance testing, and IA and disaster recovery, in order to identify system and software problems and their causes, recording defect backlog items, reporting the results of testing and resolving testing defects.
- Establishing and maintaining a process for evaluating hardware, software, and associated documentation and assisting in their evaluation.
- Implementing and refining automated tests and regression tests.
- Perform iteration and performance testing touch point.
- Mapping tasks and tests to backlog items (requirements traceability).
- Supporting independent User Acceptance Testing
- Acting as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a do what it takes attitude to ensure product and team success.
- Active participation in Agile Scrum sprint planning, artifact creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations and retrospectives and solution releases.
- Conducting and/or participating in formal and informal reviews throughout the development process.
- Maintaining relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing.
- Supporting development of product roadmaps.
- Participating in estimating backlog items.
- Analyzing project-related problems and creating innovative solutions involving, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools and solution components.
- Developing new and refining existing process to enhance quality and productivity.
- Reviewing and evaluating work and preparing periodic performance reports.
- Ensuring product quality and timeliness of efforts.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, with or eligible for a Government security clearance
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline.
- Strong testing background, preferably with two (2) years experience in incremental development projects using an Agile Scrum approach.
- Familiarity with test automation, and developing automation test scripts.
- Experience with program testing software, such as Microsoft testing tools, Selenium and/or Geb.
- Experience testing solutions developed in C#/.Net (preferred). Additionally, familiarity with any of the following is highly desirable: XML, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, VMware, information exchanges, client server, Object Oriented Development, Continuous integration, Automated testing, UML, Class diagrams, n-tier solutions.
- Experience with continuous integration tools and environments and automated testing.
- Ability to write test documentation – Test Plans; Test Procedures; Change Requests; System Requirements Documents; Problem Reports, Discrepancy Reports.
- Familiarity with Information Security best practices
- Ability to apply test estimation techniques to software development efforts.
- Ability to identify and manage risk.
- Excellent communication skills in English in written and spoken form.
- Strong collaboration skills and desire to work within a team.
- Understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements, CM, quality assurance, and release management.
- Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong communication skills and work ethic; self-starter.
- Professional Experience: Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years related technical/testing experience.
- Technical Certifications, such as CSTE, CST, CSTA, CTFL, CTAL, CTEL
- Experience using Microsoft TFS and/or VersionOne Agile project tools
- Experience designing, implementing and/or testing web services and/or n-tier web-based
- Experience with Perl and other scripting languages.
- Experience with messaging platforms.
- Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Experience working on unusually complicated problems and providing solutions that are highly creative and ingenious, exhibiting ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Acts independently to expose and resolve problems.
Company Description :
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian clients. A member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies and the Russell 2000 Index, CACI provides dynamic careers for approximately 15,000 employees working in over 120 offices worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
POSITION SUMMARY :
As an emerging authority, ensures that quality software is provided for each next life cycle step, including release, by creating risk-driven Quality Assurance Plans for end-to-end audits and reviews. Works with the team to integrate plans for Quality Assurance, Project and Risk Management, Testing, Training, Release, and others as needed. Ensures all non-conformances are tracked to resolution, and certifies that products or processes are ready for delivery prior to release. Works closely with the Project Manager, Customer team, Requirements and Design Analysts, Engineers, Testers, and Training developers to ensure work products are testable, and are correctly reflected in training materials. Prepares documentation to support process appraisals, such as for CMMI, ISO, ASQ, Six Sigma, etc.
Performs and reviews software validation/verification according to SOPs. This includes, but is not limited to, reviewing application requirements and installation requirements, architecture components, design, development standards as well as all applicable quality system documentation.
Creates, maintains, and reviews test plans, test cases, and test metrics.
Designs, develops, and automates test cases using various testing techniques.
Investigates and reports defects and appropriate test metrics.
Applies proven analytical and problem-solving skills to validate the product through testing.
Accurately records and clearly documents all actual results compared to expected results.
Maintains well organized record of test results and generates historical analysis of test results.
Fully documents any unexpected anomalies identified in testing with instruction of how to recreate the anomaly.
Writes and executes test scenarios.
Adapts test strategies based on evolving product specifications.
Ensures all non-conformances are tracked to resolution, and certifies that products or processes are ready for delivery prior to release.
Manages resources and standards for QA audits.
Provides estimates for assigned tasks.
Works with the software and systems teams to ensure that deliverables conform to standards, policies, or other documented descriptions.
Applies measurements and metrics to track quality performance.
Participates in audits and inspections as well as follows-up on audit recommendations as required
Reviews documentation relating to software validation/verification and client releases including, but is not limited to, user specifications, interfaces, training guides and variances.
Works closely with the Project Manager, Customer Team, Requirements and Design Analysts, Engineers, Testers, and Training developers to ensure work products are testable, and are correctly reflected in training materials.
Verifies that disaster plans and installation qualifications are properly executed and documented, as required.
Assesses and aids in enforcing the adherence to quality system documentation and company policies.
Provides advice, guidance and team leadership to less experienced staff.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE :
Typically requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent and seven to nine years of related experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
CACI provides information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence,…