Section 508 Tester
Gwynn Oak, MD 21207
- Experience in translating software requirements and functional descriptions into test plans, defining specific test cases for the test plans, creating testing scenarios for the test cases, executing test cases according to scenarios, and tracking test case results and metrics to closure.
- Expert knowledge of software testing methodologies including Section 508 compliance standards, processes, tools and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in developing test plans, executing test scripts/procedures and analyzing test results.
- Demonstrated experience-remediating systems to achieve 508 compliance.
- Experience working with automated testing tools.
- Experience with creating, updating, and maintaining test cases and defects in JIRA, ALM or similar environment.
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS and XML.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Motivated team player, with very strong analytical, diagnostic and debugging skills
- 5-8 years of experience in Section 508 compliance testing.
Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Leidos is seeking a Section 508 Tester for a position in the Baltimore area.
Selected candidate will be responsible to develop/Update and maintain Section 508 compliance processes based on industry and federal government best practices and standards. Work directly with the business analysts and developers to translate functional requirements into executable test cases. Perform and/or contribute to the test planning and execution of 508 testing activities. Prepare test plan documents and write test procedures. Design and execute test cases/scripts based upon application design documents, formal requirements, and Section 508 guidelines. Create, update and maintain application/system, integration and regression test cases. Perform full cycles of sprint, regression, and integration testing. Perform 508 functional testing on applications/systems utilizing various 508 compliance tools such as screen readers (preferably JAWS, and MAGic, Dragon, etc). Generate test summary reports after each testing cycle to show testing progress, actual testing results, and pass/fail status. Provide regular status updates to the Test Manager/Test Leads on completed tasks and planned testing tasks as outlined in the project schedule, issues, risks, and other action items. Report defects and escalate issues as needed. Work closely with software development team to reproduce and debug issues.
- Federal Government Contracting Experience
Leidos is a global leader in the integration and application of information, technology and systems working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the civil, health, defense, intelligence and homeland security markets. The company’s 33,000 diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers in 30 countries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin’s Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location(s): Gwynn Oak Maryland
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence,…