Project Engineer Technical Specialist (Tech)
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Position is currently located in Vienna, VA and will be moving to Bethesda, MD in December 2016
Coordinates planning, organization, control, integration and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility. Plans and formulates engineering program; reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications. Evaluates and approves design changes, specification and drawing releases. Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Serves in a program management capacity for the IC-wide IT Environment (IC ITE) portfolio.
- Supports the development and execution of a comprehensive and integrated program oversight and assessment process to monitor and assess current and projected common services projects and operations and recommend solutions for better integration and interoperability of intelligence services and capabilities in support of programmatic goals.
- Assists in the development, implementation, integration, and maintenance of IT Investment planning through the CIO’s Investment Review Process with ODNI stakeholders.
- Reviews and analyzes budgets and schedules from IC ITE service providers across the IC.
- Discovers and analyzes cross-program risks, developing mitigation plans, and monitoring progress.
- Analyzes requirements to discover and document cross-program dependencies.
- Supports collaboration across the organization to develop IC ITE-related responses to Congressional and OMB queries and reports.
- Assists in the development and oversight of the Enterprise Baseline and management of its evolution.
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, or a closely related Engineering or IT discipline*
- 5 years or more planning, overseeing, evaluating, designing, integrating, and maintaining enterprise IT and related mission systems
- 5 additional years planning, overseeing, evaluating, designing, integrating, and maintaining enterprise IT and related mission systems may be substituted for the required Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent communications, customer-relations, task leadership, and time management skills.
- 3 years or more developing, integrating, and maintaining at least 1 of data-marts, application clouds, desktop and collaboration suites, application distribution and license management systems, access control systems, big-data management and search systems, data transport systems, world-wide networks, IT health and status monitoring systems, IA threat management systems, or ITSM incident and service request management systems.
- 1 or more years with IC or DoD Portfolio or Program technical planning and budgeting experience.
- Very familiar with one or more IC agencies/elements
- Active INCOSE Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) certification.
- Active Program Management Professional (PMP) certification.
Introduced in July of 2014, Vencore was created from the combination of QinetiQ North America’s Services and Solutions Group and The SI…