Irvine, CA 92618
WHO WE ARE
Cylance is one of the fastest growing companies in the history of cybersecurity. By successfully applying artificial intelligence and machine learning to crack the DNA of malware, Cylance has redefined the endpoint protection market, garnered acclaim from industry analysts and won numerous awards including “Best Emerging Vendor” from SC Magazine. If you have the passion and desire to disrupt industries, protect the world from cyberattacks, and be at the forefront of a revolutionary new technology, we want you to join us!
The Principal Consultant is the most senior consultant role at Cylance and is responsible for consistent, technically sound delivery of high quality projects while adhering to a formal methodology. Principal Consultants must have solid project management capabilities to lead and mentor and be experts in leading and managing consultant teams.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Serve as technical lead on all projects sold and delivered
- Follow all methodologies in your area of expertise
- Assist in updating methodologies quarterly (at minimum)
- Successfully deliver in area of expertise; be able to create or update methodologies as needed
- Maintain high technical competency on all engagements providing noticeable quality and technical expertise over our competition
- Assist the Consulting Director as needed with scoping
- Mentor junior consultants in their practice areas
- Ensure Cylance is a trusted advisor to clients, maintaining strong customer relationships
- Work closely with other Consultants, Technical and Consulting Directors to ensure the business is stable and balanced across the practice and maintain technical excellence
- Meet Utilization metrics
- Strictly adhere to a consulting process based on Project Management Institute best practices.
- Provide oversight of projects delegated to team members to ensure consistent delivery and client satisfaction
- Create any supporting tools, templates or processes to support the service lines
- Possibly travel up to 80%
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong attention to detail and technical writing skills required
- 5 years technical experience in your area of expertise
- Minimum 3 years’ consulting experience preferred;
- Experience in project scoping and estimating
- Certifications in security like CISSP or application security, network security, technical training, project management or certifications in your area expertise
- Demonstrated ability to review reports, plan projects, manage consultants, understand project prerequisite requirements prior to kickoff and properly communicate with clients
- BS/BA preferred (Computer Science, Math, or Electrical Engineering)
- Ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision while maintaining focus on achieving optimal outcomes as a part of a collaborative development effort
- Requires the ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision while maintaining focus on achieving optimal outcomes as part of a collaborative development effort
ABOVE AND BEYOND
- Master’s Degree
- Combined background in corporate and consulting
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU TO APPLY
- Current resume
- Cover letter/summary expressing:
- Why you are interested in working at Cylance
- The skills, strengths and expertise you will contribute to our diverse team of extraordinary talent and humble hearts
BENEFITS AND PERKS
In addition to medical, dental, vision and 401(K), we offer other great benefits and a slew of perks such as casual dress attire, plethora of employer-sponsored food and snack items, gym membership discount, etc.
Cylance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Cylance, Inc. is a global provider of cybersecurity products and services that is changing the way companies, governments and end users…