ODI Developer/Data Warehouse Operations Support
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind .
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work—engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
We are looking for ODI Developer/Data Warehouse Operations Support to join our Business Intelligence Solutions Team.
- Work with Business Analysts and BI Team to analyze business requirements and translate them into Business Intelligence BI/DW solutions; and
- Consult on technical capabilities and recommended solutions to enable solving business needs and solution problems.
- Understand project requirements, create functional and technical documentation;
- Design and develop data warehouse data models (star schema and dimensional modelling), ODI mappings, Load Plans, customizing Knowledge modules, exception handling and maintenance procedures;
- Extend out of box OBIA mappings and data models;
- Build deployment packages;
- Respond to incidents during ETL runtimes and resolve issues; and
- Conduct peer reviews
- Ability to communicate highly technical information to functional and technical team members and management;
- Communicate issues and solutions in a clear and concise manner; and
- Keep clients, peers and managers informed on progress and the status of issues.
- Prepare time estimates for assigned projects and tasks
- Prioritize development and enhancement requests
- Given the tasks and scope of a project, successfully complete and document the project within the specified time frame; and
- Ability to work with multiple projects simultaneously in a highly dynamic environment.
- Interact with end user, peers, help desk, and management personnel to resolve issues;
- Effective in interacting with users when designing, documenting, completing, and testing assignments; and
- Maintain a positive attitude when dealing with others in a pressured environment.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- College diploma or university degree in computer systems design or computer science, and/or 10+ years of software development experience using Oracle technologies, at least 5 years ETL Development and 2+ years in ODI environment;
- Extensive experience modelling and building ETL using ODI using best practices;
- Experience in data warehouse design and best practices; and
- Strong SQL/PLSQL and tuning skills.
Nice to Have
- Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence Application (OBIA), using ODI;
- Experience working in Exadata and/or Exalogic;
- Experience supporting Oracle EBS- Financials, HR and Projects;
- Knowledge of ITIL v3 (IT Infrastructur Library; and
- Expereince in source code control and release management.
Please note that this position will require after-hours and on-call work.
We are looking for team players that can work in a very dynamic and challenging environment.
Stantec knows you don’t become one of the top global design firms by standing around. Through more than 150 locations in North…