Junior Cyber Security Analyst, VSOC (Remote)
Herndon, VA 20170
At RFS, we pride ourselves on having the most highly-skilled Security Analysts in the industry. Regardless of technology or process specialization, every Analyst is trained in the fundamentals of network security monitoring, investigative process, and incident response, and he or she must demonstrate mastery of these concepts on a daily basis. Our Analysts learn and do more in one year than most do in five.
*This position could be a salary grade 2 or 3 depending on combined level of education and work experience.
*This is a remote position, however you must be willing to work nights/weekends.
As a Security Analyst supporting our V-SOC Hunting Service, you will:
- Review data generated by Foreground’s Automated Threat Intelligence Platform (ATIP) and various client-side Network Security Monitoring (NSM) and Security Event and Information Management (SIEM) tools for signs of malicious or suspicious activity
- Leverage internal and external resources to research threats, vulnerabilities, and intelligence on various attackers and attack infrastructure On a rolling basis, use our custom hunting VDI solution to identify root cause, scope, and severity of each incident and compile findings into a finished analytical product
- Recommend tuning and instrumentation improvements to V-SOC clients
- Work with our Threat Intelligence and Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR) Teams to identify threats, develop or recommend countermeasures to our clients, and perform advanced network and host analysis in the event of a compromise
- Work with our Research and Development Team to improve and expand custom Foreground toolsets
- Receive training on and demonstrate competency in multiple NSM/SIEM platforms
- Demonstrated understanding of computer networking and operating systems
- Demonstrated understanding of current threats, vulnerabilities, and attack trends
- Can demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Possess good time management and written and oral communications skills
Experience with Splunk, NetWitness, Arcsight, McAfee NSM, and other related tools
E02 requires 2 Years, with a B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics or 0 years with MS/MA or PhD in Engineering, Science or Mathematics. Additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
E03 requires 4 Years, with a B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics or 0 years with MS/MA or PhD in Engineering, Science or Mathematics. Additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
About Raytheon Foreground Security:
Through a strategic approach to security, Raytheon Foreground Security (RFS) enables organizations to optimize their network security investment while taking a proactive approach to protecting their most important information assets from potential threats. Foreground Security provides organizations with the full lifecycle of Information Security Services including SOC operation services, architecture and engineering, assessments, training, technology resale, and implementation and integration.
Our solutions include a combination of software, services and education to help mitigate information security risks that are a part of today’s business world. RFS’ Virtual SOC offerings (V-SOC)are a next generation approach to traditional managed services. While ensuring all customer data remains on premise at their facilities we leverage our client’s existing security infrastructure and integrate our patent pending ATIP(Advanced Threat Intelligence Platform) to identify critical Indicators of Compromise (IOC’s). This allows our customers to leverage our expertise where they need it most – in diagnosing and responding to real incidents occurring within their network infrastructure. Our incident response and forensics capabilities are exceptional and are leveraged by many fortune 500organizations as well as State and Local and Federal Government agencies.
Raytheon (“light of the gods”) took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly places…