Intermediate Business Intelligence Developer Analyst
Plano, TX 75024
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the development and support of the Business Intelligence Analytics products and platforms including but not limited to data warehouse, data visualizations and interactive reports. Responsible for applying Business Intelligence and Analytics subject matter expertise (data modeling, data discovery, BI product offering development and conceptual insurance acumen) to provide the business support departments with the tools and data representations which allow increasing organizational profit and meeting strategic goals.
- Continuously develops and maintains an understanding of Business Intelligence technology and architecture, including data warehousing, dimensional modeling, OLAP functionality, reporting tools, and other methods of information delivery.
- Develop & maintains expertise with MSBI tools including: Excel/PowerPivot, SSRS, PerformancePoint, SSIS, & SSAS/BISM.
- Develop database and/or data presentation solutions to deliver information to end-users accurately and efficiently
- Extracts, transforms, & loads data using data management tools and T-SQL.
- Analyze, understand, and document user needs to ensure accurate fulfillment of user story requests from internal business customers.
- Contribute to, and possibly lead, project teams that are developing or modifying highly complex information solutions.
- Administers & maintains the BI Portal, data warehouse, and existing BI solutions.
- Continuously develops expertise in the data and data models within the data warehouse, as well as an understanding of supported business domains.
- May construct data models, data dictionaries, and report glossaries.
- May conduct user interviews and training sessions
- May mentor teammates on BI tools and methods.
- Conducts and may facilitate internal testing and user acceptance testing.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience. Minimum of 2 – 5 years (depending on the level) work experience.
- Strong understanding of BI concepts & tools.
- Demonstrated ability to write SQL/TSQL queries to retrieve/modify data
- Previous experience with BIDS/MSBI Stack.
- Ability to abstract a concept into a series of lifecycle components and events.
- Significant experience developing physical dimensional models, OLAP processes or data visualizations OR
- significant experience in data modeling, data discovery and the application of data to solve business problems
- Proven problem solving ability and a willingness to think “outside-the-box”.
- Strong Experience with MSBI tools, including SSRS, SSIS, and/or SSAS
- Moderate to advanced skills with MS Excel, including Office data connections and pivot tables.
- Experience utilizing Kimball method of Data Warehousing
- Conceptual, logical and/or Physical data modeling experience is a plus
- Insurance Industry experience preferred
- Working knowledge of multiple IT platforms
- Ability to anticipate future needs and challenges
- Organizational and prioritization skills and effective judgment
- Can make timely decisions with appropriate information.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of his/her relevant experience and other job related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
Define the future of wealth + health with us.
Things are looking a little bit different around here. After more than a century in the…