Engineering Business Intelligence Analyst
Sacramento, CA 95834
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for defining business intelligence requirements for individual subject areas; develops conceptual data models, design, build, and test sets of reporting and analytic business intelligence programs. Works cross-functionally to collect data and makes actionable recommendations at all levels. Infers trends from a variety of data sources and confidently delivers their interpretation; makes recommendations to executives. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience. This role requires the ability to work on a blank canvas with little guidance to come up with rational approaches to solve analytical problems and create dashboards for executives and management.
- Develops process and procedures to drive department efficiencies.
- Develops new ideas and communicates potential uses for analytics across the business.
- Performs all business intelligence analysis and data exploitation. Extracts signals and signatures from raw data, integrates that information with other data sources and compiles/disseminates formatted reports to customers.
- Recommends improvements to competitive business intelligence reports and interpretation of data by sales, business development, product, and executive committees.
- Plans and executes system testing. Requires knowledge of the customer’s mission and technology used to accomplish a given task.
- Leads the analysis and reconciliation of data and reporting projects and initiatives delivery.
- Develops, maintains, and reports all relevant product, site, and customer metrics and applies findings to develop appropriate goals and projections.
- Trains others throughout the organization in using key analytical and forecasting tools and statistical analysis.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be expert in building Forecast and Analytical Models.
- Must be able to manage large datasets; Build and maintain dashboards pulling data from various sources.
- Must have creativity to come up with logical approach to solve new analytical problems, and communication skills to explain/defend the recommendations.
- Must be self-starter who is comfortable working independently in blank space while focusing on the details.
- Needs strong influencing skills and ability to work in matrixed environment.
- Process improvement experience is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are necessary to interface effectively with management, co-workers and various other internal and external customers.
- Must have database administration experience working with “Big Data”
- Must have experience with BI tools: Tableau at a high level users. Oracle knowledge a plus.
- Preferred SQL experience writing queries against large databases including ability to write: subqueries, join tables, case statements, cast data types and other functions.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company with two primary businesses, Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal….