Director, Industry Marketing
kCura is a global company with team members who are driven by our customers to build exceptional software for them to use every day. Our product, called Relativity , handles large volumes of data and helps corporations, law firms, and government agencies solve their own unique data problems.
The way we work together is centered on our core values of collaborating, communicating, pushing to exceed expectations (even our own), being humble, and having fun while we do it. We enjoy ourselves, give back , and work (and play) hard together. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
As Director, Industry Marketing (Corporate Accounts), you’ll be tasked with helping expand Relativity’s corporate user base. In this highly collaborative role, you’ll be expected to gain a detailed understanding of corporations’ near-term and long-term e-discovery and information governance needs, and to turn this intelligence into go-to-market strategies, sales enablement, programs and content marketing materials. You’ll be expected to have a strong focus on the top priority opportunities in our corporate pipeline to work with Marketing and Sales to influence those opportunities, drive corporate growth and market share. You’ll need to understand the full complement of Relativity product offerings, the competitive landscape and market dynamics to effectively get the information back to the product management team and influence our product roadmap.
In this role you will be responsible for hitting yearly and quarterly revenue generation/retention targets for your segment, in collaboration with Sales. You’ll collaborate with business leaders, both internal and external, to position kCura as a leader in the corporate e-discovery and information governance marketplaces. Additionally, you’ll be expected to help build and market our brand, through thought leadership activities, and by leveraging/establishing new relationships with industry groups and analysts, speaking at trade shows/panels, and by actively writing for our external blog/byline opportunities.
Strategy and Go-to-Market
- Gather detailed customer knowledge to understand near term and future needs for corporate oriented product lines, helping the company be innovative without distracting from near-term, core business areas
- Monitor long-term/developing market trends, gather product/customer/competitor intelligence, drive cross business-unit initiatives, and sustain business model innovation by analyzing new, emerging segments
- Build needs assessments and vertical segmentation within corporate; work with product marketing, digital marketing, and sales to create sales enablement assets, and lists of targets (industry, competitor, etc.) for prospecting and lead generation
o Identify what corporate customer’s needs are, define relevant personas and chart out the corporate buying journey
o Build a plan for managing the corporate segment per agreed-upon KPIs
o Run a quarterly business review process and work cross functionally to help the team meet and exceed the agreed upon metrics
- Build “solution briefs” that detail how Relativity is a solution for corporations in specific verticals and/or for targeted use cases and to support ongoing campaigns, content marketing and events
- Create a segment-relevant messaging that integrates with overall company/brand solution and the related content and sales enablement materials
- Cultivate and curate the corporate community, including overseeing the corporate advisory board with senior level info-sec, legal, information governance, and e-discovery processionals that meets regularly that will serve to build our brand amongst senior decision makers at corporate accounts, build our corporate pipeline and continually refine what end-to-end e-discovery requirements look like for the corporate sector
- Drive revenue and pipeline through industry relationships and client contacts to identify and develop immediate business opportunities
- Take part in Sales ride-alongs to immerse yourself in our enterprise sales process and assist in moving along corporate opportunities
- Work with product management focusing on legal hold, collection, processing, and early case assessment (ECA) to help develop and refine our corporate message
Messaging and Thought Leadership
- Work with business leaders to establish a strategy to position kCura as a leader in the e-discovery marketplace; provide insights on issues faced by kCura clients and deliver a strong point-of-view that helps push current and potential clients to action
- Develop/expand relationships with industry analysts, publications, public relations experts, and other industry thought leaders to drive the company’s messaging agenda
- Advance the messaging of the company to industry groups, think tanks, and trade associations by being a brand ambassador; represent us on panels around corporate e-discovery challenges, information governance, and analytics
- 5 years of e-discovery experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, JD or Master’s preferred
- 10 years of e-discovery experience, ideally at a software provider
- Passionate about delivering superior value to customers and achieving measurable goals
- Strong grasp of how to assess and evaluate product-market opportunities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to express product and technical needs, as well as value propositions
- Ability to quickly build (or leverage) a network in the e-discovery and corporate spaces
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to answer questions directly and with brevity
- Ability to follow through on internal and external commitments in a complete and prompt manner
- Great analytical skills to process data and draw insightful conclusions
- A genuine enthusiasm and curiosity for technology, software, and e-discovery
- Tenacity and willingness to get ideas to—and stay in front of—the right people
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and track activities to measure results.
Our software has more than 130,000 active users in more than 40 countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice and more than 190 of the Am Law 200. We have grown significantly over the last several years and continue striving to build software that helps solve our customers’ toughest e-discovery and unstructured data challenges.
If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply Apply Share Refer this job to a friend Refer
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.