DATA and BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST
The DBI Data Analyst will work closely with our business partners to analyze and discover value through data and information that drives value for Cargill. Candidates will demonstrate a strong ability to gather, analyze, visualize and tell stories with Cargill’s data. As part of Information Technology, the DBI Data Analyst will work closely with resources in the business to identify and drive business value. This role will partner closely with the SAP CoE to help drive advanced optimization but also could drive projects for any of Cargill’s businesses and functions. The job requires a skilled analyst that has experience with data gathering, blending and visualization tools such as Tableau and SAP Lumira.
50% Perform Data Analysis
- Lead and partner on analytics projects with the SAP CoE by translating business questions and problems into structured analyses
- Participate in SAP CoE Advanced Optimization projects as a core team member and provide value through data analysis and visualization
- Discover new opportunities to optimize the business through analytics
- Effectively communicate, written and oral presentation, of insights to multiple levels of management across business units and functional areas
- Leverage strong business acumen and business domain knowledge to anticipate business inquiries
- Use knowledge of analytics, statistics and modeling techniques to develop and improve sophistication of Business Intelligence solutions
- Visualize and report data findings creatively in a variety of visual formats that appropriately provides insights to the organization.
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results to cross functional groups
- Leverage 3rd party vendors or managed services to help in the analysis process (e.g. data acquisition, insight generation).
40% Data Gathering, Cleansing and Modeling
- Gather disparate data sources to perform integrated analysis of data to answer business questions
- Skills in cleansing data and data blending to make consistent and effective for analysis
- Ability to model data in temporary analysis spaces to perform analysis
- Ability to partner with development teams to build sustaining solutions
10% Miscellaneous Duties
- Project demands may from time to time require work during non-standard business hours.
- Bachelor’s or degree in MIS, Statistics, Decision Science or similar field
- Experience with analyzing data utilizing industry techniques and practices (filtering, classification) and analytics functions (over, median, rank)
- Capable of presenting outcomes of analytic models and Iterations in a format easily understood by business
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and apply initiative and creativity on challenging projects.
- Strong presentation and data visualization skills and proven ability to create well-crafted analytical presentations
- Experience leading integrated design validation sessions and confirming business requirements
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- MBA, Master of Information Technology or Statistics, Master of Science
- Experience in one or more data visualization technologies such as Tableau, Lumira, Qlikview, Microsoft BI, Business Objects or similar.
- Experience with predictive analytical modeling
- Experience with statistical modeling
- Proficiency with big data and related statistical tools
- Knowledge of core finance processes (e.g. PRTP. OTSC, PLTP, SCP, MGMS, RTR/Finance).
- Work experiences across multiple lines of businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers,…