As global demand for food and fuel continues to rise, we are dedicated to our purpose: Bringing plant potential to life. Syngenta is one of the world’s leading companies with more than 28,000 employees in over 90 countries. We work in a collaborative and inspiring culture where personal contribution is rewarded and growth and development are at the heart of our culture.
Through our world-class science, global reach and commitment to working with our customers, we help to increase crop productivity, protect the environment and improve health and quality of life.
There’s never been a more important time to join Syngenta.
For more information about us please visit
- This role will coordinate a variety of data management tools designed to monitor, measure, and optimize the value of Enogen primarily focused on the Technical Service team and ethanol plant partners.
- Organize and direct efforts to incorporate OSISoft PI at Enogen trial and commercial partner sites.
- Act as a first point of contact for data management tool users.
- Coordinate activities between Syngenta teams and relevant 3rd party vendors.
- Coordinate PI data analysis and use within Technical Servives
- Understand the value proposition of the Enogen technology and be able to communicate that value effectively.
- Be a solid, integrated member of account management teams where appropriate.
- Work safely and efficiently on customer’s site.
- Tracking and reporting on issues related to PI applications as well as data and technical infrastructure including network, hardware, software, etc.
- Assist with estimates, budgets, vendor agreements, tracking vendor activities and billings against budget.
- Provide direction to vendors regarding requirements, priorities and issue management.
- Quality Assurance and validation of vendor deliverables and work products.
- Data quering, reporting and improving best ways for PI data utility and applications within Technical Services
- Represent Syngenta’s views and interests in ethanol industry meetings as needed.
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
- Minimum of B.S. degree in a computer science or process engineering, or equivalent technical training.
- Ideal candidate would have a degree in computer science with an understanding of chemical or process engineering, biochemistry, chemistry, or fermentation science. Other science or engineering degrees would be acceptable given sufficient relevant industry experience
- Knowledge of industrial process automation technologies and leading products.
- Working knowledge of current networking, security, Internet and Windows operating systems technologies.
- Knowledge of current OSISoft PI technologies a plus.
- Knowledge of Excel macro coding, experience with ODBC and SQL, and other Business Intelligence tools.
- 5 to 8 years of industry involvement, including customer and/or vendor facing experiences, problem solving, continuous improvement, and leadership roles.
- Knowledge of, and hands on experience in, the dry grind ethanol industry a plus.
- Experience with Process Automation technologies (DCS software, interfaces) and data management systems.
- Previous experience with project management.
- Proven, effective written and oral communication skills.
- Proven data organization and simplification skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and data management systems including writing code and resolving technical issues related to the use of Excel, data management systems, networks, and remote access.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
- Ideal candidate is an outgoing person with excellent communication skills who can balance the need for technical expertise and stakeholder relations (internal & external).
- Candidate must be able to interact with all levels of external personnel and effectively communicate technical matters, which can be understood and acted upon.
- Successful candidate must work independently and with minimal direct supervision.
- Candidate must be flexible to accommodate changing needs and schedules.
- Candidate must be able to tailor approaches to fit the individual stakeholder.
- Candidate will need to have a respect for accuracy and details but be capable of consolidating the picture and drawing conclusions.
- Candidate must readily utilize high quality communication capabilities across a range of complex and tense issues.
- Candidate must be able to resolve issues/concerns in an expeditious manner with high stakeholder satisfaction.
- Candidate must exhibit mature and independent judgment and be highly responsive to the needs of stakeholders.
- Candidate will be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of external and internal customers.
- Candidate must thrive on being a team member in any task or process.
- Candidate must be willing to seek help from team members when needed.
- Candidate must be able to find creative solutions to problems when needed.
- Candidate must make safety a priority in all job aspects.
Critical leadership capabilities
- Represent high quality, professional Technical Service to the Renewable Fuels Industry.
- Represent Syngenta in a high quality manner.
- Represent the essence of the role across the Syngenta team and especially the Enogen team.
Critical success factors & key challenges
- High energy level, self initiative, and desire to be an impact player in the organization.
- Able to perform at a high level independently and as part of a cross functional team.
- The ideal candidate is an outgoing person with excellent communication skills who can balance the need for technical expertise and details with stakeholder buy-in.
- Uses knowledge and other resources to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Able to effectively work with highly experienced as well newly experienced personnel in an Enogen partner’s organization.
- Candidate must be willing to travel, primarily within the U.S. and to Canada. Travel would largely be planned but some urgent travel is a part of the this job. An estimate of 30 to 40% is envisioned.
- Job will require being present at field locations with time flexibility to achieve the desired results.
- A minimum of 2 years in current position is required (requirement for internal applicants only)
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Syngenta Contact Information:
If you need assistance during the application process, please contact the Service Desk at
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster – Link (
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s (EEOC) poster – Link (
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster – Link (
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of…