Corporate Technology – Java Developer
Jersey City, NJ
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Market Risk Technology team is responsible for the technology platform and integration with JPM Morgan’s risk systems to provide JP Morgan’s risk managers with capability to assess impact of various market scenarios at a firm wide level. The team has a large book of work comprising of many strategic and tactical projects to enhance the system capabilities and continue with integration efforts with the firm’s risk systems along with the reduction of offline manual processes.
As a Java Applications Developer, you will be responsible for implementing solutions to satisfy business requirements for large, complex projects in Asset Management Risk. You will also be expected to adhere to architecture standards, risk management and security policies, data management policies, best practice development and code reviews. You will work closely with product and project groups to gather requirements and delivery code for the various projects.
- Building new applications and also enhancing existing suite of applications
- Proficient in providing support and guidance during all phases of the SDLC including application support
- Communicating effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels
- Providing high quality, cost effective solutions
- Demonstrate a strategic mindset while developing systemic solutions to meet business needs
- Participate in project planning sessions with product/project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications.
- Design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow, and understand and comply with Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps.
- Adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications.
- High Proficiency in the Agile process
- Minimum 5+ years of hands on software development in large, complex enterprise environments. Should be experienced hands-on Application Developer.
- Minimum 5+ years experience of implementations with Java/ J2EE, Oracle and Web services
- Minimum of 5+ years experience with PL/SQL
- Minimum of 5+ years experience of the software development release lifecycle and source management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile)
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer science or equivalent with relevant experience.
- Must have strong experience with Agile process
- Minimum 2+ years of Financial experience
- Candidates with Financial certification (CFA or other), certain minimum requirements may be relaxed.
- Experience with industry standard Business Intelligence tools and/or at least one of the Java based Business Rules Management Systems.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Experience with Agile software development.
- Experience with Big Data a plus
- Exposure to Open Source technologies (Maven/Ant, Junit, Log4J, MyBatis, etc.)
- Experience with the Financial Services industry and/or high volume transaction processing systems.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment and handle multiple issues at one time as a team lead/individual contributor.
- Deep understanding of, and passion for, SDLC processes and automated tools, spanning requirements/issue management, defect tracking, source control, build automation, test automation and release management.
- Experience in estimating, validating and sizing of development projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience partnering with high performing, diverse technical teams across line of business.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our…