Business Intelligence / Data Analyst – (Remote/Part-time)
Natural Health Sherpa
Want to have fun crunching numbers and analyzing data from the comfort of your own home?
Ready to be part of something that makes a clear, fast, measurable improvement in people’s lives?
Excited to ride the wave of a rapidly growing $250 billion+ industry that’s full of exciting challenges?
If so, and you’re a super “data nerd” who absolutely loves doing math, analyzing reports, generating KPIs, and performing strategic data analysis to uncover actionable insights, please read on.
Who We Are:
We, Natural Health Sherpa (http://naturalhealthsherpa.com), create innovative products that optimize people’s metabolism so they can enjoy more energy, feel great, and enjoy life. Frustratingly, the world is setup to encourage sickness vs. health, so we design our products to make healthy living super-easy.
We’re a rapidly growing 8-figure, profitable company that’s riding the $250+ billion annual tidal wave of demand for natural health products. It is an extremely exciting time to be doing what we are doing.
Our nutrition courses and exercise videos are designed to deliver the most results in the least time. For example, our exercise videos deliver the same or better benefits in just 15 minutes, 3 times a week than do traditional exercise programs that require 60 minutes, 5 times a week. Yes, really.
You can see an example of one of our exercise products at http://www.metabolicprime.com as our e-commerce happens on product-specific websites.
We also formulate state-of-the-art nutritional supplements and functional foods that provide the nutrients that fuel a healthy metabolism, generating the energy you need to consistently perform at your peak. For example, instead of taking weeks to notice a difference, it takes just days to feel better.
We practice what we preach: our company is designed so everyone on our team both enjoys their work challenges while having plenty of time to do what they love to do the most in their life. We recruit only high-performing, humble people who produce in fast cycles, hold themselves accountable, and have fun.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage Reports Tracking the Company’s Key Performance Indicators – Unlike many other companies our size, our ability to manage and access data is excellent. While there will no doubt be instances where you’ll be extracting and manipulating information, our Company has been built for scale, and our systems reflect that. But we also need someone to help us organize reports, both to analyze themselves and so that the business’ leaders can easily digest the information.
- Perform Periodic Reporting Quality Assurance – As a rapidly growing organization, we’ve found that from time to time our reports “break” due to either unanticipated consequences of underlying information architecture changes or due to unanticipated use cases that throw off the reports. As such, you’ll periodically QA reports to ensure accuracy and consistency of metrics from on report to another.
- Support the Functional Groups with Analyses and Insights – As a rapidly-growing company, we know that we have stones unturned to identify key gaps and opportunities. We are an inherently data-driven organization, and so armed with actionable insights, we move very quickly in affecting change that improves our bottom-line. This role will provide crucial support in making sure we are using our information to make better business decisions.
- Track Metrics Driven by Our Customer Lifetime Value Models – We optimize our business at all levels, whether revenues or costs. And by tracking revenue metrics like conversion, customer value, or refunds, or those on the cost side, such as product costs, shipping, and customer service, we endeavor to be as optimized as possible. Again, this role will help us to ensure we understand our baseline metrics as well as when and why key metrics change.
- Analyze the Business Impact of Tests – In optimizing our business, we are constantly in test mode and need to make sure we are tracking and evaluating the success or failure of those tests. The person in this role will not only gather test results but will be responsible for summarizing the results for others to understand as well.
- Monitor Exception Reports – We’re in the process of developing what we call “exception reports” that identify data that appears out of trend or abnormal. These reports / alerts need to be monitored and analyzed for follow-up potential actions to ensure the organization stays on top of any potential changes to the business as quickly as possible.
- Pixel Recon Reports – As high volume media buyers, we need to ensure that the data sent from our systems to the advertising platform’s pixels (e.g. Facebook, Google, etc.) is accurate. That means comparing data from our internal reporting to that appearing inside the advertising platforms native reporting interface to ensure consistency. We are in the process of automating this comparison, so most of the work will be paying attention to and taking action on any alerts generate from this reporting system.
- Develop Ad-Hoc Analyses – Our business, and certainly the world we live in, is in a constant state of change. That’s what makes what we do so interesting. As such, there will be times where we don’t know exactly what we are looking for, but know an area requires investigation. In these times, being able to think out of the box, take minimal direction, or not need to be told to investigate something that stand out are key to excelling in this position.
- Update / Develop SOPs – As you implement new procedures and processes, you’ll be responsible for updating and developing new SOP docs that outline the key workflows you are responsible for. You will inherit a very thorough and robust set of SOPs that will need to be maintained at the same level of robustness.
Who We Need:
We’re looking for a talented, detail-oriented, fast-learning data analyst / business intelligence analyst to create reports, conduct analyses, and create models to help manage and support the day-to-day decisions of the company. This is an independent contractor role for 10 – 20 hours per week, but may grow into a more full-time role.
The ideal candidate is not simply a “number cruncher”; rather, one who both wants to gain operational exposure and can think strategically beyond the basic work that needs to get done.
IMPORTANT: not only do you need to be able to create and analyze reports, you need to be able to synthesize that information, process it strategically based on the vision, mission, goals and priorities of the business and make clear, concise, actionable recommendations to management.
The analyst will be responsible for gathering key data and developing analyses to help drive key strategic actions. This individual will work closely with the major functional groups, including marketing, operations, and finance.
What the Ideal Candidate Looks Like:
- At least 7 – 10 years’ experience in data analysis, preferably with heavy exposure to finance, media buying, data analytics or other similar type of quantitative analysis
- A keen understanding of all operational aspects of a business including marketing, finance, operations, supply chain, customer service, product development, etc.
- A strong desire to learn, the need to push through when something doesn’t make sense, and an inherent sense of curiosity that manifests itself with you being naturally proactive, constantly peeling the onion until satisfied.
- Hands on experience working with large data sets, including statistical analyses, data visulation, data mining, and data cleansing / transformation
- A strong proficiency with math and Excel, and while Access and SQL may not be crucial to this role day-to-day, we know that having an understanding of those platforms can be a strong plus for people to excel in this role.
- While not required, experience with any statistical packages such as SAS, SPSS, R or business intelligence platforms such as Tableau, Sisense, Domo, Cognos, Power BI, etc. is a plus.
- We work in a fast-paced environment that requires someone pick up things EXTREMELY fast, yet also have METICULOUS attention to detail to ensure i’s are dotted and t’s crossed. To that end, you must be a fast information processor with ability to cycle through issues quickly.
- You must be able to easily present and communicate sophisticated concepts in a simple way for management,with top-notch organizational and project management skills who is used to self-motivating as part of a remote team.
What You’ll Enjoy from Us:
- A very supportive team and culture of other high-performers who like to get things done, hold themselves accountable and help each other out wherever possible.
- A culture that supports and nurtures your need to learn, grow and challenge yourself to be the best you possibly can be.
- A fantastic lifestyle that allows you to work from home and a lot of flexibility in choosing how you work with us.
If this sounds like a good fit, if you’re excited to do something challenging and meaningful that preserves your ability to enjoy life to the fullest, then please apply – we can’t wait to meet you!
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to Natural Health Sherpa.