Business Intelligence Analyst
Birmingham, AL 35203
Shipt is improving lives by giving people back more of their time, the most valuable resource. Be a part of building an amazing grocery delivery experience. Our culture is high energy, entrepreneurial, and autonomous.
At Shipt, we work at the intersection of a multisided marketplace and we’re looking for help understanding, tracking, and sharing information and results collected across this complex marketplace with the entire company.
We are searching for an all-star to join our Operations team as a Business Intelligence Analyst! In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing the business, proposing improvements and solutions, and leading the outcomes of those proposals. On a daily basis, you’ll be delivering insights by pushing the right information to the people who need it in areas like member and shopper behavior, product development, and profitability. You’ll also get a chance to work with leadership and every organization within the company. The ideal candidate will be data-driven, intellectually curious, and a clear communicator.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a thorough understanding of all data elements and interpret them as they relate to member and shopper behavior, profitability, and product development
- You’ll design dashboards and data visualizations to communicate meaningful metrics to different audiences within the business
- Build reports and analytical capability across different functional groups in an effort to optimize costs and quality of service.
- You will work closely with leadership and every department to help make data, results, and findings available for everyone in the company
- Find opportunities for operational improvement, communicate your findings to others, and develop practical implementation plans.
- Assist in the operational planning and decisions by collecting, researching, and analyzing operational data to achieve target KPIs.
- Solve operational problems and associated technical issues; modify existing tools, techniques or processes as you find opportunity.
What We’re Looking For:
- BS in economics, finance, MIS, or another quantitative field.
- 3+ years of experience with dashboarding/reporting and turning data into insights and recommendations.
- 2+ years of experience with a BI tool is required (e.g., Looker, Chartio, Tableau).
- Strong SQL skills (we use Postgres and Redshift) are required (e.g., understanding window functions, common table expressions, how to optimize queries).
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking.
- You have a problem-solving ability: you rapidly find opportunities for improvement, locate key levers to effect change, and formulate a practical implementation plan that gets results.
- MBA is a plus
- Experience with ETL processes and Data Warehousing concepts is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to Shipt.