Business Analyst Production Printing
Individual for this role will need to reside in the San Francisco Area to support assigned client.
The Business Analyst will apply strategic and analytical skills to assist customers solve business challenges. The Business Analyst must partner with other functions to develop and test strategies to address business challenges. The Business Analyst typically manages/leads medium sized projects working closely with the Lines of Business stakeholders and Professional Services/IT to deliver on solutions. The Business Analyst has a matrixed reporting relationship with the Dir, Production Consulting Svcs.Production and has specific application area assigned.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analysis: Identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve for them using analysis to make strategic or tactical recommendations
- Product: Perform modeling/analytics to assist new product and pricing strategies for various print products and communication solutions
- Marketing: Support marketing efforts for select products, and strategic intent for products distributed through the web storefront channel. Help build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go to market strategies
- Execution: Involve problem frame-works, develop hypotheses, test and analysis, solution development, scope operational feasibility, lead implementation efforts and develop a monitoring plan
- Partnership: Work closely across Lines of Business including: IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Strong communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus.
- Be a change agent for new sales, service and marketing enablement technology
- Evaluate current business practices versus best practice and increase usage of best practice
- Facilitate process improvement enabled via technology. This includes maximizing ROI for our customers
- Support the adoption and rollout of our new Production solutions including eCommerce, Workflow and Digital marketing applications
- Help initiate new IS projects
- Facilitate the use of Business Intelligence tools for data driven management decisions for the business
- Work with the business to prioritize “small projects”
- Act as Project Managers for some small projects and ensure that these projects are completed on time and in budget and deliver the expected functionality and quality to achieve the requirements
- To perform functional analysis, gap identification and requirements definition for changes requested.
- To provide functional/application expertise within the assigned function including conducting in depth quality reviews on design and testing.
- To coordinate cross functionally within IT and/or business functions to deliver projects.
- To lead and execute projects and initiatives in full compliance with defined processes and controls.
- To troubleshoot and diagnose complex business problems and recommend solutions.
- To keep abreast of latest tools / applications / techniques in the assigned area.
- Delivery – gather requirements, gap analysis, estimate work, review functional designs, review test plans, prepare trace-ability matrix, coordinate business testing, review test results, and monitor/manage defects to closure.
- Coordinate cross functionally on complex projects.
- Troubleshoot simple/complex business problems. Recommend alternatives.
- Participate in decision making process involving selection of alternatives.
- Ensure compliance with audit requirements, SOX and operational controls.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Basic Qualifications:
- Four year college degree preferred or equivalent business experience in business-to-business environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of business experience required or a Master’s Degree in Business or Information technology.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Business or Information technology
- Knowledge of and experience working with Sales and Marketing
- Strong business process knowledge in the area of Marketing including eCommerce and Digital Marketing
- Experience with major projects involving system implementations and business process improvement
- 1+ years of experience in market research
- 1+ years of experience in consulting
- Experience with CRM, pricing, ERP and BI supporting Sales and Marketing is also helpful
- Must have the ability and willingness to travel up to 50%
- Experience with a global company is helpful
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer — Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Today, we are in the most complex work environment in history, and to be successful, you always have to have access to your critical…